February 19, 2007

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up

For those of you looking for a change in careers, there's an article in the Business section of today's New York Times about a company named VocationVacations. For a fee of anywhere between $399 and $1999, VocationVacations will put together a personalized two to three day dream job experience allowing the customer to test-drive a potential career change or live out a long-desired experience.

I don't know about you, but when I was growing up, I had lots of different aspirations for what I wanted to do when I grew up. Topping the list was professional tennis player followed by professional football player and professional basketball player (why tennis? less chance of injury). Astronaut and mad scientist figured prominently in there somwhere too. Sadly, none of those worked out for me and none of those vocations/professions are available at VocationVacations. However, for those of you looking to make a change, there are some pretty neat ones, including:
  • Brew Master
  • Chocolatier
  • Golf Pro (I assume this one takes some natural talent)
  • Music Producer
  • Restauranteur
  • Sports Announcer
  • Sword Maker
  • Voice-over Artist

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn Quran online at home is an excellent program that enable kids,
adults & new muslims to Learn Quran. These individuals
or organizations emerged from the original
Brotherhood and benefited from the Saudi’s outpouring
of funds. and a 'passionate moderate' for religious tolerance").

My blog post :: islamic education center houston

June 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]